This week we worked on the yellow Daisy Scout petal. Yellow stands for friendly and helpful.
The first thing we did was read Sunny’s Story. The craft was making a bird feeder. It was easy and quick enough for a child with ADHD to complete.
The first step was to clean all of the little bits of paper off of a toilet paper or paper towel roll.
The next step is to cover it in peanut butter. We used natural JIF.
We sprinkled bird seed on the peanut butter until it was completely covered.
We put a string through the two holes and tied a knot. We hung the feeder on a branch. We checked on it an hour later, and the birds had eaten every single seed! We decided to make another one.
BTW: The troop had Juliette’s birthday party earlier that day, and she had her face painted.
Below are some links to fun resources I used to make this activity special.
- Friendly and Helpful coloring sheet
- Friendly and Helpful girls coloring sheet
- Friendly and Helpful girl coloring sheet
- Good Deeds Coloring Sheet
- Friendly and Helpful writing page
- Sunny the Sunflower coloring page
- I was helpful certificate
- Daisy Petals Achievement certificate
- Adorable sunflower cards